We understand that managing our physical health contributes to our emotional wellness. Physical health is emotional health and vice versa. We know that our body can fight stress better when it is fit, healthy, and well nourished.
Our body needs time to recover from stressful events; we need to respect this accordingly and build in recovery time for ourselves and others.
Build a Mindset of Wellness
Review how fitness fits into your life.
- Work out a fitness program that is appropriate for you.
- Get help if you need it.
- Monitor the way you feel.
- Physical exercise should be energy generating and rewarding.
Eat for Nutrition
Healthy foods can act as fuel for the body.
Find out what they foods suit you.
- Educate yourself about nutrition.
- Recognise that food plays an emotional and physical part in health.
- Research food and mood.
- Challenge what you already believe in the area of healthy food.
- What do you put in your mouth that stressors YOU out?
- Take time to consider that we are all unique, genetically, and metabolically.
- Discover what foods help with stress.
- Experiment to find what nutritionally works for you and what doesn't.
- Don't rely on alcohol, drugs, or unhealthy foods to reduce stress.
Consider the points above and add anything that you think would contribute to your level of wellness.
WikiHow provided the following view of some of the generalised health enhancers.
- Eliminate drinks with large amounts of caffeine in them.
- Watch a funny movie or listen to a funny story.
- Try adaptive exercises to target a lowering of your cortisol. *Listen to the music that you love.
- Take a walk.
- Have a relaxing bath.
- Connect with our internal resources such as our imagination, intuition and intellect.
- Reduce the amount of processed foods in your diet.
- Make sure you're getting enough water.
- Discuss herbal supplements with a health professional.
- Get more fish oil into your diet. Salmon, Sardines, Mackerel, Sea bass.
- Prepare a pot of hot black tea.
- Try meditation techniques.
Add your ideas to this list.